To print this recipe, choose a print size:
Serves: Makes 24 tots
- 3 c (about half of a head) shredded cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ¼ c cornmeal
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- ½ tsp ground mustard
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a mini muffin tin with oil or cooking spray.
- Place the shredded cauliflower in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix together thoroughly. I like to use a fork.
- Using a spoon or scoop, divide the mixture between the muffin cups and press down firmly into the cups.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
I use the shredding blade on my food processor to shred the cauliflower. You can use the stems as well, not just the florets, since it is all being shredded and mixed together.