To print this recipe, choose a print size:
1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
1 cup peeled, seeded and chopped cucumber
1 (5-oz.) bag spinach
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. lime juice and some zest
Put cilantro, cucumber, spinach, scallions, cheese and garlic in a food processor and blend. Add olive oil slowly and blend until creamy. Place in a serving bowl, press plastic wrap firmly on surface and refrigerate overnight, or at least 1 hour. Stir in lime juice and zest just before serving.
- Use 1 cup chopped parsley, basil or arugula instead of cilantro.
- Use 1 cup chopped apple instead of cucumber.
- Use a favorite cheese instead of Parmesan.
- Use 1 to 3 tsp. minced ginger instead of garlic.
- Use 2 tbsp. lemon juice (and zest) instead of lime.
Makes 1 1/2 cups