Skillet-cooked corn and bell peppers
To print this recipe, choose a print size:
4 ears of corn
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. butter
Over a clean kitchen towel for easy gathering, cut kernels off cobs; set aside. In a heavy sauté pan, sauté onion and peppers in olive oil over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add corn, scraping cobs with a knife over the pan to get all juices; heat through. Season with salt and pepper. Finish with butter.
- Add chopped fresh pasilla or Anaheim chilies.
- Replace onion with 1 bunch green onions (chopped) and add with corn.
- Finish with 1/4 cup cream or half-and-half.
- Finish with 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, marjoram or sage.
- Add 2 tbsp. cider vinegar when sautéing peppers and onions.
Serves 3 to 5