Nov./Dec. 2012 California Bountiful magazine
It doesn't take a lot of enticement to get people munching on pistachios, but here are a few suggestions:
- Sprinkle over roasted beets or steamed Brussels sprouts. The flavors go great together.
- Use as a garnish for ice cream, cakes, puddings and fruit salads.
- Add to your favorite rice pudding recipe.
- Substitute chopped pistachios for other nuts in baked confections.
- Add to cooked rice for a flash of color and crunchy texture.
- Substitute for pine nuts in a pesto recipe.